*photo courtesy of stockfreeimages.com
Take a quick second and like EpicParent.tv on FACEBOOK.
God expects all Moms’ to be…
- WEAK: I stopped by Proverbs 31 today to read about the character of Godly women and something struck me…can one woman really be and do all of this stuff! Seriously!!?! This is SuperWoman – SuperMomish kind of stuff. She has a crazy “to do” list. She is a chef, has a business at the local market, she spins wool and flax (whatever in the heck that is), she makes clothes and she has some wine business she manages as well. She works crazy hours, gets up when it’s still dark and she is known for being wise, strong and dignified as well. So after walking through Prov. 31 I am convinced that this chapter is God’s letter asking you to put your SuperMom cape away, get rid of it, throw it in the trash…because the only way you become a Prov. 31 women is when the Spirit of God does this in and through you. “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9 BE WEAK and watch the Spirit of God transform you, your family, your husband and your kiddos.
- WORRY – LESS: “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.” Proverbs 31:25 I love this because it showcases this moms’ supernatural, irrational trust in God. She literally laughs (side splitting, knelt over, wet your pants because she hasn’t had a bladder lift surgery) at the future. There is no need to worry, fret, control or despair because your Heavenly Father has your future in His hands.
- PRIORITIZED:“Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the LORD will be greatly praised.” Proverbs 31:3o This Mom understands that beauty, vacations, financial comfort, schooled kids and Miss Me Jeans are not the priority…but an intimate, deep relationship with Jesus is.
- HEALTHY: I believe that many Mothers neglect their own health because they are laser focused on their kids, husband and you fill in the blank. God’s Word is clear in that we are called to take care of and be a good steward of our earthly bodies. If you do not take care of you…you will not be around to take care of anyone else. “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- MODEST: “Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel.” 1 Timothy 2:9 Please listen to me on this one…If you are wearing Daisy Dukes, showing the “girls” off (your boobies) and wearing low cut jeans that show your cracker jack with a piece of floss (I don’t mind floss…love it when my wife wears floss) you are training your daughters to do the same. There are some of you that are not this blatant and unmodest, but…there are some of you that still struggle with this. I believe a great gauge is to ask yourself every single day, “Is this how the daughter of God should leave the house today?”
Did you miss yesterday’s post? 5 THINGS GOD EXPECTS FROM EVERY DAD
Which 1 of these 5 do you need to work on? Leave a comment and let me know.